blues clues

You can look at the menu, but you just can't eat
You can feel the cushion, but you can't have a seat
You can dip your foot in the pool, but you can't have a swim
You can feel the punishment, but you can't commit the sin

You can see the summit but you can't reach it
It's the last piece of the puzzle but you just can't make it fit
Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain

This is exactly how I've been feeling the past weeks. Couldn't have said it better. I have been racking my brains for solutions and decisions but I still end up at a loss. I have decided to face this dilemma by taking a week off from work! Yey! (well, I need a break and I'm not being very productive anyway)

We're not scared to lose it all
Security throw through the wall
Future dreams we have to realize
A thousand sceptic hands
Won't keep us from the things we plan
Unless we're clinging to the things we prize

And do you feel scared - I do
But I won't stop and falter
And if we threw it all away
Things can only get better

Treating today as though it was
The last, the final show
Get to sixty and feel no regret
It may take a little time
A lonely path, an uphill climb
Success or failure will not alter it

There is hope after all.

2 comments:

Jon Vizcarra said...

Isn't that a Howard Jones song? Can't remember the title though... THings Can Only Get Better, is it?

Peppermint said...

yup, that's right! and the other one is No One Is Ever To Blame....80s tunes, dude!