sunset and sunrise

September 23 marks the first day of this year's Ramadan. The ninth month of the Islamic calendar, Ramadan is considered a month of blessing - and is celebrated by prayer, fasting, and charity. Ramadan emphasizes the importance of self-sacrifice and devotion to Allah (God). Sawn, or fasting is practiced to remind everyone of the suffering of the poor, to practice self-control, and to clean the body and mind.

I promised a Muslim friend that I will be celebrating Ramadan with him this year - minus some traditions that I don't really practice. I started three weeks earlier too. I have 3 intentions that I am praying for and I have made some "sacrifices" for Him to see how serious I am. Hear me, Oh Lord! I know that my God is faithful and He will grant the desires of my heart =)

* Note: September 23 is a special day for me too! guess why... :)

No comments: