kid fears

Secret staircase, running high
You had a hiding place

Secret staircase, running low

But they all know, now you're inside


Today, I was once again reminded of the importance of being a responsible adult. Sometimes, when I look back and recall all the things I've been through, I can't help but feel.....I don't know...uhhhmmmm.....sad? happy? relieved? When you realize that no significant change took place, sometimes you wonder if it's all worth it. You wonder if all the tears, the sacrifices, the pain - all the effort - did it even matter? I really can't say.

Change of perspective. Maybe that's all I need. Life is good and I have many things to be thankful for. This too shall pass.....some piano music will do the trick!

And a feeling of sadness comes o'er me
That my soul cannot resist,

A feeling of
sadness and longing,
That is not akin to pain,

And resembles sorrow only

As the mist resembles the rain.

Come, read to me some poem,

Some simple and heartfelt lay,

That shall soothe this restless feeling,

And banish the thoughts of day....

No comments: